What is Healing Soup?
Ever since I was young my family utilized the healing nature of soup to help us be healthy and stay healthy! Come join us for our Healing Soup meetings and read our blog for recipes and more!
, #Spiced Ginger Chai Tea to warm up this winter
Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 inch piece of ginger (grated)
- 3 cardamom pods (take out the seeds & crush the seeds)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean (or good quality paste)
- 4 cups of water
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar, or honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 3 tea bags, preferably strong black tea such as Assam
- 1 cup of half-and-half
1. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan or small pot. As the water heats up, add the ginger, cardamom and, if using, brown sugar.
2. Once water has reached a boil, reduce to medium-low heat so it simmers with gentle bubbles. Add the tea bags and half-and-half.
Using tea bags simplifies the process.
3. Let the liquid slowly come to a boil once again, then remove from heat.
4. Remove tea bags and carefully pour tea into teapot or cups.
#healingsoup, #drtaotcm, #ginger, #spice, #wintersolstice, #chai, #taoacupuncture, #cardamon, #cinnamon,
Let Dr. Tao help you achieve optimum health and wellness with every day food.