This soup strengthens the Spleen to maintain healthy! It's called Drunken Chicken Soup! This soup helps tonify Qi and Blood, disperses stagnation, warms the Yang and disperses coldness.
#DrunkenChicken, #tonify, #SpleenHealth, #strengthenSP, #RiceWine, #GuiZhi, #Ginseng, #ShuDiHuang, #GouQi, #DangShen, #HuangQi, #HealingSoup
• 1 whole chicken
• 1400 cc (1400 ml) rice wine
• 10 g (0.4 oz) cinnamon twigs (Gui Zhi)
• 3 g (0.1 oz) tangkuei (Ginseng)
• 3 g (0.1 oz) cnidium (she chuang zi)
• 3 g (0.1 oz) rehmannia (cooked) (Shu Di Huang)
• 30 pieces (0.1 oz) jujube (red)
• 10 g (0.4 oz) lyceum (Gou Qi)
• 5 g (0.2 oz) codonopsis (Dang Shen)
• 10 g (0.4 oz) astragalus (Huang Qi)
• 3 g (0.1oz) licorice (Gan Chao)
• Remove giblets from cavity of chicken. Wash the chicken thoroughly.
• Chop into 3 inch pieces with bone in.
• Place chicken pieces in a deep stainless steel pan (do not use Teflon-coated pans).Add the rice wine and all of the herbs. Cover with a lid.
• Bring to a boil. Uncover the pan and ignite the alcohol vapor and wait for the fire to extinguish on its wn.
• Cook over medium flame for 30 minutes or until jujube softens.
• Serve hot.
Let Dr. Tao help you achieve optimum health and wellness with every day food.