What is Healing Soup?
Ever since I was young my family utilized the healing nature of soup to help us be healthy and stay healthy! Come join us for our Healing Soup meetings and read our blog for recipes and more!
This soup is healthy, low-carb, low-sodium, suitable for vegetarians, and diabetes-appropriate.
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups dried porcini mushrooms (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced shallots (about 8 ounces)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 3 pounds assorted fresh mushrooms (such as cremini, portobello, shiitake and button), sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- ⅓ cup cream
#healingsoup, #vegetarian, #diabetesappropriate, #mushroom, #lowcarb, #lowsodium