What is Healing Soup?
Ever since I was young my family utilized the healing nature of soup to help us be healthy and stay healthy! Come join us for our Healing Soup meetings and read our blog for recipes and more!
Fresh Chinese Yam (Xian Huai Shan 鮮淮山) and goji berry porridge for the win!
white rice 白米 120g
fresh Chinese Yam (xian huai shan) 鮮淮山 about 400 g ( or your desired amount)
goji berries 杞子40g
1. rinse the rice and soak for 30 minutes
2. rinse the goji berries
3. rinse the fresh Chinese yam, peel the skin, cut into small 1/2 inch pieces
4. bring 1 liter of water to boil in high heat
5. add rice and fresh Chinese yam and stir to mix
6. bring it back to boiling then simmer in low to medium heat for an hour
7. stir a few times to prevent the porridge sticking to the bottom
8. add goji berries and simmer for another 10 minutes
9. season to taste, enjoy while its warm
black sesame seeds, scallion, jujube dates, sliced Shiitake mushrooms, meat options of sliced pork or beef, marinated chicken, seafood options like scallops, fish fillets, other veggies like diced potato, carrots...
Let Dr. Tao help you achieve optimum health and wellness with every day food.