What is Healing Soup?
Ever since I was young my family utilized the healing nature of soup to help us be healthy and stay healthy! Come join us for our Healing Soup meetings and read our blog for recipes and more!
Pork rib bone about 2 pounds
Chinese Yam (Huai Shan 淮山) about 2 pounds,
Jujube red dates 20 pieces,
Euryale Seeds(Foxnut 芡實) 2-5 g,
goji berries (枸杞子) 2-5 g,
1. Soak the berries in advance and then wash them for later use;
2. Wash the pork bones - cook in a pot under cold water, cook over medium heat until impurities emerge, then scoop up and wash for later use;
3. Peel and cut the fresh Huai shan, wash it, and soak it in cold/ice water for later use;
4. Peel and slice the ginger for later use;
5. Put the pork bones, qian shi, ginger and red dates into the pot, fill the water until the soup is covered, boil until the water boils, and continue to boil over high heat, while removing the surface foam;
6. Then cover the pot and cook over low heat for 30 minutes;
7. Add huai shan, turn to high heat and boil, then turn to low heat and boil for one hour;
8. Add the goji berries, turn to medium-high heat and simmer for about 2 minutes;
9. Add salt to taste.
Turn off the heat, remove the excess grease, and enjoy the soup!