What is Healing Soup?
Ever since I was young my family utilized the healing nature of soup to help us be healthy and stay healthy! Come join us for our Healing Soup meetings and read our blog for recipes and more!
This tea is delicious with health benefit for you.
Cinnamon helps to regulate blood sugar. Jujube dates move Qi and Blood in Chinese medicine. In addition, dates have plenty of vitamin C, iron, and calcium. Fresh ginger warms and circulates Qi in the middle, calms a restless fetus, and treats morning sickness. Fresh ginger also helps relieve the common cold, coughing, and loss of appetite. With black sugar added, this tea also helps alleviate colds, indigestion, nausea, and menstrual pain.
To make this tea you will need the following:
20 dried jujube dates
small amount of ginger
2 cups of water
1 cinnamon stick
small amount of black sugar (honey, or brown sugar)
- you can make it as spicy or as sweet as you like by adjusting the amount of ingredients or cooking time.
- cinnamon stick and black sugar are optional
- add a poached egg for added protein
1. Wash jujubes in cold water, rub them with both hands to remove any dirt. Drain.
2. Slice the jujube dates into small pieces to remove the pits.
3. Slice ginger thinly.
4. Add ginger, cinnamon stick, and water.
5. Bring it to a rolling boiling.
6. Cover and cook over medium low heat for 30 to 60 minutes (the longer you cook it sweeter it gets). You may have to crack the lid because it will easily boil over.
7. You can mash the jujube date for pulps or just eat the dates with the tea.
8. Enjoy the tea while it's warm!
#jujubedate, #healingsoup, #menstrualcramp, #type2diabetes, #ginger, #blacksugar, #calmfetus, #fightcommoncold