What is Healing Soup?
Ever since I was young my family utilized the healing nature of soup to help us be healthy and stay healthy! Come join us for our Healing Soup meetings and read our blog for recipes and more!
黑芝麻糊 Black Sesame Sweet Dessert
Ingredients (for 3-4 servings):
黑芝麻 Black sesame, 500g
糯米粉 Glutinous rice flour, 200g
核桃仁 Walnuts, whole pieces, 60g
紅糖 Muscovado sugar, (substitute with 冰糖 naturally crystalized sugar or honey if preferred)
粗海鹽 Coarse sea salt, a pinch
1. Place the black sesame seeds under direct sunlights in a place with good airflow for 3 days before use. Move indoors after sunset.
2. Dry stir-fry the sesame seeds on medium-low heat until aromatic. Place in a wide container to cool.
3. Dry stir-fry glutinous rice flour on medium-low heat until turned slightly yellowish white, Place in a wide container to cool.
4. Bake the walnuts in the oven on 300 F for 10 mins, chop them finely when cooled.
5. Blend sesame seeds and rice flour in a food processor until turned into a fine powder mixture.
6. Place 2-4 tbsps of the powder mixture into boiling water (on low heat), keep churning to prevent caking at the bottom, until big bubbles start to form. Keep cooking & churning until the texture is thick and creamy.
7. Add crushed walnuts, sugar/honey, and salt after removed from heat.
Usage: Can be consumed daily. Great for treating general deficiency cold, dry skin, brittle nails & hair, pre-mature hair graying or hair loss, poor memory, cold extremities, constipation, emaciation. This recipe moisturizes Yin and tonifies Yang, benefits the Liver and nourishes the Blood.
Be caution about nut allergies.
#blacksesame, #healingsoup,#hairhealth, #hairchine, #tonify, #TCM, #ChineseMedicine, #optimalhealth, #FoodIsMedicine
Let Dr. Tao help you achieve optimum health and wellness with every day food.