What is Healing Soup?
Ever since I was young my family utilized the healing nature of soup to help us be healthy and stay healthy! Come join us for our Healing Soup meetings and read our blog for recipes and more!
This soup strengthens the Spleen to maintain healthy! It's called Drunken Chicken Soup! This soup helps tonify Qi and Blood, disperses stagnation, warms the Yang and disperses coldness.
#DrunkenChicken, #tonify, #SpleenHealth, #strengthenSP, #RiceWine, #GuiZhi, #Ginseng, #ShuDiHuang, #GouQi, #DangShen, #HuangQi, #HealingSoup
• 1 whole chicken
• 1400 cc (1400 ml) rice wine
• 10 g (0.4 oz) cinnamon twigs (Gui Zhi)
• 3 g (0.1 oz) tangkuei (Ginseng)
• 3 g (0.1 oz) cnidium (she chuang zi)
• 3 g (0.1 oz) rehmannia (cooked) (Shu Di Huang)
• 30 pieces (0.1 oz) jujube (red)
• 10 g (0.4 oz) lyceum (Gou Qi)
• 5 g (0.2 oz) codonopsis (Dang Shen)
• 10 g (0.4 oz) astragalus (Huang Qi)
• 3 g (0.1oz) licorice (Gan Chao)
• Remove giblets from cavity of chicken. Wash the chicken thoroughly.
• Chop into 3 inch pieces with bone in.
• Place chicken pieces in a deep stainless steel pan (do not use Teflon-coated pans).Add the rice wine and all of the herbs. Cover with a lid.
• Bring to a boil. Uncover the pan and ignite the alcohol vapor and wait for the fire to extinguish on its wn.
• Cook over medium flame for 30 minutes or until jujube softens.
• Serve hot.
Let Dr. Tao help you achieve optimum health and wellness with every day food.