What is Healing Soup?
Ever since I was young my family utilized the healing nature of soup to help us be healthy and stay healthy! Come join us for our Healing Soup meetings and read our blog for recipes and more!
Burdock roots is a powerhouse of antioxidants, removes toxins from the blood, may inhibit some types of cancer, and can help treat skin issues (Healthline.com).
Chinese yam tonifies the Spleen, nourishes Stomach Yin and stops diarrhea, Lung Qi and nourishes Lung Yin, and Kidney Yin and astringes Jing.
Here is a soup use both Shan Yao and Nu Bang. Enjoy.
Pork rib or any meat choice or substitute with shiitake mushrooms 500g
Shan Yao 山藥 (Chinese yam) 15 cm long
Corn shoots (玉米筍, baby corn) 3 to 4
Nu bang (牛蒡, Burdock) 1/4 of the root
Water 1 liter (can be less, as long as cover all ingredients)
Salt for seasoning
1. Blanch the pork rib in boiling water
2. Slice the burdock root into small slices
3. Cut Chinese yam into big trunks
4. Boil the burdock root slices with pork rib for 10 minutes
5. Add the Chinese yam and corn shoots
6. Bring to a boil and simmer for 8 minutes
7. Add salt to season and enjoy!
#nubang, #shanyao, #healingsoup, #Chineseyam, #burdockroot, #detoxBlood, #detox, #tonifyLung, #tonifyKidney, #tonifySpleen, #skin
Let Dr. Tao help you achieve optimum health and wellness with every day food.